Best Back Massagers Reviews- Top 4 Guides to Pain Relief
Did you know our bodies appear shorter at night than our regular length because our back muscles temporarily compress by the end of the day. Back pain has become a very common issue in the modern society. It is reported that almost 80% of Americans will fall victims of back pain at least once during their life span and Americans alone spend over $150 billion to recover from back pain issues. Initial approach to managing your pain should always include a healthy lifestyle, with good eating habbits, exercising/yoga and right posture. Sometimes we try everything possible yet back pains seems inevitable, then these devices listed below are an option but not a replacement to natural remedies.
Rushing to massage therapist every time with ongoing back problems may be expensive and they are often not available to you right away when your back hurts. Why not relief your back pain from the comfort of your home without having to wait for your appointment? You can save money, time and you can get the heat and vibration from massage devices that manual massage may not be able to provide you. They are various types of massagers ranging from hand-held to acupressure and electric devices. Best back massagers have been reviewed for you that will work like a miracle on your back and any other body parts.
Where to buy– Amazon.com
The unique feature of this massager is the multiple modes to deal with a variety of aches while the intensity of heat can be adjusted from low to high. This device is best for those who suffer from long-term chronic pain and is designed to apply on any part of the body. This is one of the most natural devices for pain relief approved by Health Canada and FDA. This device combines both TENS and EMS to provide both advantages of relieving pain and strengthening muscles so that you don’t have to buy 2 separate machines. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation which means it stimulates nerve fibers to block the pain signals from reaching the brain. EMS stands for Electrical Muscle Stimulation causes the muscles to contract that increases blood supply thereby speeding up the recovery process.
- Can be used in most areas which includes the back, shoulder, knee, abs, arms and joint pain.
- Easy to use with LCD screen.
- This is one of the most natural devices that has proven to relieve pain without the use of drugs.
- On the go portable device that is as small as the size of your pocket.
- It has both the combination of TENS and EMS. It helps recover from chronic back pain and past injuries.
- Provides 12 settings that can be set from any times between 5-60 min.
- The lock function prevents any accidental changes in the settings so that you can enjoy your massage without worrying.
- Allows you to apply high or low heat settings in different areas of the body at the same time. (control channels CH1 for left and CH2 for right).
- Has a separate mode to manage chronic pain related to arthritis.
- Includes 25 different heat settings.
- The Car Adaptor makes it convenient to use in the car as well.
- The pads might need replacement after couple of months or weeks, depending on how much you use it. It is recommended to order extra pads.
- Comes with so many features which takes time to get used to it.
Where to buy– Amazon.com
This deep kneading shiatsu massager works wonders to provide you deep tissue massage with instant relief and relaxation from pain of neck, back, shoulders, buttock,calf, thigh and abdomen. Its eight kneading nodes gives you feeling of a massage that is provided by a real massage therapist. The relaxing massage combined with the soothing heat is what makes it more valuable.
- Eight deep kneading heating nodes provides sufficient pressure for powerful relief of any aching and stiff muscles of the body.
- Three speed buttons from low to high allows you to adjust the intensity level of the massage.
- The heat function can be turned on or off and soothes and loosens stiff muscles while improving blood circulation
- The quality of the material is nice, comfortable padded leather with strong mesh cloth around the heated nodes area.
- The hand grips makes it easy to rotate to any direction and allows to adjust the amount of pressure applied to the body.
- The U-shape design of the device is what provides it the extra versatility to reach and heal any part of the body.
- Automatically shuts down after 20 minutes to prevent overheating and overuse.
- It is portable and lightweight which makes it easy to carry anywhere or even to your office while the car charger makes it convenient to use while driving.
- Few people claim it is not best for neck as the massage is too strong for that area while others love it.
- The massager has to be plugged into a power source.
- The power cord that comes with it is not too long.
Where to buy- Amazon.com
Prosource Acupressure Mat is for those who loves natural acupressure treatment, just lie down and treat all kind of muscle aches, muscle tension and headaches. This mat comes with a pillow and it uses a total of 7,992 acupressure points to provide immediate relief from neck, back, shoulder, legs, buttocks and abdomen.
- Soothes any type of aches in as little as between 10-30 minutes.
- The product claims that Nayoya Mat not only provides relief from chronic and mild back pain but also cures headaches and insomnia problems.
- Feel refreshed, recharged with enhanced mood and state of mind.
- Save on expensive physiotherapists and chiropractor visits and treat yourself to relaxation from the comfort of your home.
- It claims to be a ecofriendly high- quality product that is made of 100% thick cotton and plant based foam.
- This mat takes couple of days to get used to the spikes and once you get used to it, you will find your comfort zone and have ample time for yourself to relax, clear your mind or do meditation if you like.
- Not recommended if you are on blood thinners.
Where to buy– Amazon.com
If you are a fan of the handheld massagers then Body Back Buddy is the best of its kind with its original and unique landmark design while it weighs only 1.25 pounds. It is specially designed for the back, shoulders and neck area. The product claims that it is very much durable and comes with a 100% life time guarantee.
- Meets the highest level of health and safety standards. It is eco-friendly product made in USA that is from free harmful components such as BPA, PBDE and TBBPA.
- It is created by the sugesstions of all health experts in the field and hence highly recommended by them.
- The lenght of it allows to conveniently access hard to reach areas of the body.
- Its unique strong design combined with its 11 therapy knobs allows you to easily reach for the pain trigger points in the body.
- Easy to hold due to its thin built and lightweight design. Just hook on your back or body part and you are all set.
- Targets only smaller areas/muscles of the body (trigger points) as compared to other back massagers.
- Few users claim that it is mostly for slim peoople as the rigid shape makes it difficult to reach some areas of the body.
I have tried many back massagers over the years but I personally love the Naipo neck and shoulder massager as it provides an intense massage with different intensity settings to chose from. However, there is no specific back massager that fits everyone’s need, some like traditional handheld massagers or natural acupressure mats while others like electric massagers. That is the reason different types of devices have been reviewed here. But before you commit to these back massagers, it is always safe to seek your doctor or physiotherapist advice.
Thank you for visiting this website. I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments below and I will get in touch with you shortly.