Essential oils can be very powerful as they add so many benefits to our everyday health problems like insomnia, stress, varicose veins, skin problems etc. However it is best to have some basic knowledge of essential oils so that you can use them to your best advantage without any concerns. When you are novice to essential oils, it is very easy to get tempted to shop for cheaper oils after all who does not want to save few bucks. You need to be careful that you are purchasing them from a genuine and reputable distributor otherwise you could risk your safety and have adverse reactions if they are diluted or sold in plastic containers. I will discuss later in this post about my favourite essential oil distributor.
I have discussed in my earlier post about yoga for varicose veins, how yoga can help to prevent and provide relief from varicose veins. So when I am talking about only natural remedies to heal, then there is absolutely no way I could miss essential oils benefits for the relief of varicose veins pain. Some of the Essential oils improves blood circulation,reduces inflammation and pain, soothes and promotes healthy skin.
If you are unsure about which distributor to trust in terms of quality, I would highly recommend Organic aromas as they are best known for their high quality essential oil at an affordable price which are delivered to you in the most natural form without any dilution. The essential oils produced by organic aromas are 100% organic and are extracted naturally without using any pesticides, synthetic fertilizer and herbicide residues. Essential oils should never be stored in plastic containers, this way organic aromas make sure that their essential oils are never in contact with plastic so that you get them in their most original form without losing any of their therapeutical benefits. That way you don’t have to worry about any side effects. Essential oils have so many other health benefits, however in this post I would like to mainly focus on varicose veins. Here are some of the best essential oils for varicose veins by Organic aromas.
Essentials Oils for Varicose Veins
Eucalyptus– In the ancient time, eucalyptus essential oil was originally used to heal bruises and serious wounds. Additionally this essential oil also helps the bloods vessels relax which allows for better blood circulation. Improved blood circulation means relief from the pain of headaches, muscles and varicose veins.
Grapefruit– This is one of the most widely used essential oil, as it promotes overall good health and increases energy levels. Grapefruit essential oil works as a great anti-depressant as it boosts the mood thereby reducing stress levels. The phytochemical present in this essential oil helps fight against inflammation caused by varicose veins. The limonene chemical compound present in it protects cells from further damage. This is a natural detoxifier that fights against muscle fatigue and aches.
Sweet Orange– Going back to the history orange oil has been widely used in medicines in countries like India and china because of its ability to treat so many skin conditions and cold, flue and so many other ailments. This essential oil has various domestic and medicinal purposes. Orange essential oil is used in many skincare products like soaps, shampoo, lotion because it enhances the smell and provides anti-bacterial properties. The most powerful antioxidant present in orange is limonene that fights against inflammation and helps you naturally relax from the pain of varicose veins. In addition to providing relief from pain, it also stimulation blood circulation.
Peppermint– With its fresh soothing sensation, peppermint essential oil helps the skin and muscles soothe from soreness and pain from varicose veins. Peppermint essential oil has wide variety of uses and lots of benefits, for instance: it can be used to increase appetite, get allergy relief, acne treatment, gas, nausea, improve skin health etc. One of its main benefit for varicose veins is it acts as a anesthetic that is why it is also commonly used to relieve the pain associated with teething.
Rosemary– This essential has anti-bacterial properties which makes it a popular ingredient for skin and hair uses. The carnosol chemical present in rosemary essential oil helps to reduce inflammation for varicose veins. In addition to its benefit of stimulating brain cells, it also has a great benefit on the skin as it tones the skin and improves blood flow. Carnosol also prevents the risk of cancer, improves hair growth and heals nerve tissues.
How to use essential oils
Based on the recommendation of West Coast Institute of Aromatherapy, essential oils for varicose veins treatment can be used in three ways.
- To create a massage oil: Mix 21-30 drops of essential oil in a 50ml carrier oil, apply this gently on the effected area, rub upwards so as promote the blood flow upwards towards the heart. This can be applied twice daily.
- For a warm bath: Mix 8 drops of essential oil, in small quantity of carrier oil and add warm water to it.
- For a warm or cool compress: Prepare warm and cool compress by mixing 5 drops of essential oil to one litre of warm water and 5 drop of essential oil to one litre of cold water.soak a cloth in it and apply on the effected area. Keep switching between warm and cold compress, first apply the warm compress and then apply the cold compress as this stimulates blood flow. After the application, keep your legs raised for 15 minutes.
Essential Oil Safety
- Do not store essential oils in plastic as some essential oil are corrosive to plastic. Store them in glass containers.
- If you are using essential oils for bath, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut oil, sweet almond oil or milk.
- All essential oils like any other products can cause allergic reactions so make sure that it is tested on a small area of skin before applying to a larger area.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, use essential oil after considering with your doctor.
- Essential oils should never be applied to eyes as research has proven that they can damage our eyes which can also result in temperarily or permanently losing eyesight.
- Essential oil should always be applied on skin in diluted form.
- Do not apply essential oil on broken or damaged skin.
- Do not consume essential oil, they are only for oral application.
So now back to you what are your favourite ways to use essential oils? Is there a favourite one you prefer?Feel free to leave yours comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Ramandeep Kaur (Founder)