Benefits of Facial Steamers
When our pores are clogged, even the best beauty products will fail to do their job as they sit on our skin instead of penetrating through the skin. Pimples are mostly caused for the same reason which is clogged pores which prevents any oxygen from entering the skin and any dirt from leaving the skin. Facial steamers are very effective for deeply cleaning up pores, removing dead skin, increasing blood circulation, reducing and preventing acne, blackheads and whiteheads. Some facial steamers also provide us the option to add essential oils, herbs and fruits to provide additional care and nourishment to our skin.
While facial steamers are commonly used at spas to deeply cleanse the skin and restore moisture to the skin, we can also do so from the convenience of our home and save both time and money and enjoy the same sauna facial treatment. While treating our skin we could also treat other problems with these facial steamers like sinuses, allergies and fatigue.
I personally enjoy taking care of my skin naturally and pampering myself at home with facial steamers, so I have provided some facial steamers reviews on the top selling models by amazon. They are all easy to use and one thing in common for all types of steamers is that it is recommended to use distilled or bottled water.
1. Spa Home Facial Steamer Sauna:
Spa home facial steamer not only provides facial spa but the eucalyptus essential oil included with it treats wounds, sores, scrapes with its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. This product claims that it heats up quickly and within 1 minute it will start generating steam and the steam lasts for 10 minutes at one sitting.
- Essential oils can be added to it.
- Free bottle of eucalyptus essential oil is included with the steamer.
- Allows you to adjust the intensity of the steam from low to high.
- Can also be used to relieve fatigue, cold and sinus symptoms.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Portable, as it takes up very little space.
- No cold steam, only hot steam is generated.
- Few users have experienced that the free item which is the essential oil, spills half through by the time it is delivered to you.
- Cannot make any adjustments to angle steam based on your sitting preference.
2. Krasr ® Large 3-in-1 Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer Personal Sauna.
This 3-in-1 steamer provides the function of face steamer, towel steamer and humidifier. This face steamer comes with a bonus item that is the black head remover kit. It has a large water tank that allows you to generate the benefits of steaming for a perfect time of 20 minutes. This is another face steamer on the list that uses nano-ionic steam process to penetrate into the skin process to allow tiny particles to penetrate the skin 10 times more effectively than traditional steamers. This means 10 times better blood circulation, more oxygen is absorbed into the skin and better cleansing of pores thus enhancing the work of beauty products as they penetrate better into the skin.
- Comes with blackhead extractor kit.
- Produces consistent steam.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Take up very little space on the counter.
- Does the job of a regular steamer nothing more to it, does not splatter mist on the face.
- A few users claim that there is some plastic smell in the beginning but goes away later.
- Few users claim that it broke down after couple of uses.
- Essential oils cannot be added to it.
3. Okachi Gliya Portable Nano Ionic Facial Steamer:
This Multi-functional steamer comes as a 4-in 1 facial steamer that can be used to clean skin, for skin care, as a humidifier and the mirror on it can be used for makeup purposes. The PTC ceramic heating capacity allows it to produce strong steam within 35 seconds. Okachi Gliya claims that this steamer uses the nano-ionic steam process to allow tiny particles to penetrate the skin 10 times more effectively as compared to normal steam produced by other traditional steamers .
- High-tech that has 2 side mirrors installed and a led light indicator.
- To stop the steam, simply close the mirror.
- Provides steam coverage on the entire face.
- Generates consistent and powerful steam.
- Does not produce any plastic or chemical smell.
- It makes no noise and shuts down automatically preventing any chances of injury.
- Portable size that takes up very little space on the counter.
- This steamer does not allow you to add oils to it if you like aromatherapy face steaming.
- Does not provide cold steam function.
4. Spa Facial Steamer With Hot&Cold Steam and Aromatherapy Treatment:
The unique feature of this facial steamer is that it provides both hot and cold steam therapy with the longest sessions; 25 minutes of hot steam session and 1.5 hours of cold steam session which most steamers don’t provide.
- Essential oils, fruits or herbs can be added to it to enhance the skin care routine.
- Converts into home humidifier.
- Cotton stretch headband is included as a complimentary gift.
- Steam nozzle allows you make adjustments at any angle that suits your face position.
- Can be used for allergies and sinus by adding essential oils.
- Easy to use and heats up within seconds.
- Hot steam unclogs the pores for deeply cleansing the skin and the cold steam tightens the pores while restoring moisture to the skin.
- Stylish and portable machine that takes up very little counter space.
It does not shut off automatically.
5. Lavany Facial Steamer Nano Ionic Hot & Cool Mist:
This is the only face steamer on the list that claims that they use environmentally friendly material. Lavany is a multipurpose steamer that provides not only hot and cold steaming options but also allows you to add essential oils and fruits to enhance the texture of your skin. This one also uses the nano-ionic steaming process to provide 10 times deeper penetration and cleaning than regular steamers.
- Herbs, essential oils and fruits can be added to it.
- Use it for allergy or sinus relief by adding essential oil.
- Enjoy hygienic steaming environment as the dust proof nozzle cap prevents the entry of any dust particles and bacteria.
- Twenty minutes hot steaming allows it to clean and open your pores.
- Seventy minutes cold steaming will enable it to tighten your pores and soothe your skin if you happen to remove blackheads.
- Automatically shuts off when all the water has been used.
- Comfortably sit at any angle as the adjustable 20 degree adjustable nozzle can be adjusted according to your preference.
- Generates consistent steam and covers the entire face.
- Elegant steamer which barely takes up any space.
After thorough research, I have not been able to come up with any cons on this one.
6. KINGDOMBEAUTY Nanosteamer Nano Ionic Facial Steamer:
The kingdom Beauty Nanosteamer ensures that the steam is sterilized via the UV lamp before it reaches your skin. This 3-in-1 steamer provides the functions of facial sauna spa, room humidifier and also warms up towels. It has a large water tank of 100ml which allows you to enjoy steaming for up to 22 minutes. It uses the nano-ionic steam process to ensure that tiny particles penetrates the skin 10 times more effectively than traditional steamers.
- Ozone function sterilizes the steam.
- It is great for facial sauna, pore deep cleansing, aromatherapy microdermabrasion, blackhead and whitehead acne removal, relieving sinuses.
- Takes a few seconds to steam up.
- Distributes strong and steady steam.
- Hot mist sprayer restores moisture to the face.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Automatically shuts off.
- Cold steam function is not supported.
- Essential oils or herbs cannot be added.
Wrapping it up
It is best to do steaming for once a week and not more than that. They are many features to consider while buying a facial steamer but the most important things to consider are how long does it take to heat up, the amount of time that it distributes steam, consistency of the steam, if its user-friendly and easy to use. For someone like myself, I would prefer a facial steamer that offers at least 15 minutes of steaming but everyone is different, few others I have known like to cut it down to 10 minutes. Also if you like aromatherapy and wish to treat your sinuses then it is beneficial to have steamers that allows you to add essential oils. All in all proper research plays a key role in selecting the best product for yourself. I hope my facial steamers reviews helped you in making the right choice for yourself.
Now back to you what is your favourite facial steamer? What features are you looking for in your steamer? Leave your comments behind and I will be pleased to get back to you as soon as I can.